Recently coming back from a hiatis in Jive Apps attention, and I am having some obstacles getting started. Apparently, my dashboard(s) do not appear to work. I can app.xml's to the dashboards; however, the app installation appears to hang "Configure this App" ... and when I try to delete the application I am met with an unknown exception error dialog in the lower part of the screen (red indicating error).
Anyone else having the same problem? Is there a work-around (did a quick search and didn't find anything), hoping this is something that was discovered in the past month or so..and I just need to get back into the groove.
If not, any chance I can have my apps/dashboards purged? As it stands, I do not see a way I can manage my dashboards (similar to the way Jive5 allows you to do).
Hey Ryan, welcome back!
In what envioronment are you seeing these issues? We are having some trouble with app-sandbox.jivesoftware.com as of last night and thought we had the issue fixed but it looks to not be the case.
I'm also in the app sandbox trying to configure a newly uploaded app. I can navigate to the app and click 'configure app' which opens up the window listing permissions but clicking 'Continue' does nothing. I have tried this across numerous browsers, FF, IE9, IE8, and Safari with the exact same result.
Quick update here: looks like our fix didn't work and we will need to do some emergency maintenance on the app-sandbox. Will put an announcement up the community and update that notification when we are back in operation.
Apologies for the frustration guys!
Nope..still cant delete or configure any of my apps. Same experience as Matt described for me as well.
I have the same problems.
Any idea on an eta of when this will be resolved?
I'm showing that this is now working, but very slow to delete or configure...for me it was approximately 10-20 seconds...and the Configure didn't seem to complete. Instead, I closed the window ... and then deleted another app ... and then the app I was configuring started working. Just thought I'd share.
It is also kind of working for me now. In IE9 I clicked configure and nothing happened, I can refresh the page and it still says I need to configure. If I open up in Firefox 6 the app is already configured. Returning to IE9 and refreshing the page then has the app configured. Weird behavior but at least I can move forward at this point.
Hey Matthew, IE9 is still giving us some trouble. I would recommend using Firefox or Chrome if you can right now.
© Copyright 2000–2010 Jive Software. All rights reserved.