Does anyone have a good example of a widget using the Jive version of the TinyMCE editor?
I tried to fetch it from git and do the build, but I keep getting a class not found error:
using the classloader AntClassLoader[/home/mdesiderio/work/jive/apps/tinymce:/home/mdesiderio/work/jive/apps/tinymce/tools/ant/ant-contrib.jar:/home/mdesiderio/work/jive/apps/tinymce/tools/ant/js_build_tools.jar:/home/mdesiderio/work/jive/apps/tinymce/tools/ant/yuicompressor.jar]
I was able to make it (almost) work by importing all js files in my HTML, and using the dev version of tinymce, but it has some bugs, and I get a bunch of 404 errors when it is loading.
Bumped into this when I failed to implement TinyMCE in my app. I have tried using
Both the approaches did not yield the desired results. I am able to get the TinyMCE UI render perfectly well on my local desktop. Once I push the changes, I am unable to see the same getting reflected in the app.
Any thoughts regarding the same?
Thanks for the reply.
When I try to have the TinyMCE plugin come into picture within the app, I encounter the following console messages:
Failed to load: tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/langs/en.js
For some reason, the app seems to be not able to link to the appropriate tinymce location (tinymce folder in this case).
Please let me know if you could of think of some workaround.
P.S: Please feel free to install this app to see the same: http://apphosting.jivesoftware.com/apps/dev/accsiebelapp/app.xml
Are you having issues like the ones in this screenshot? Either way, I am using tiny mce successfully in my project. If you would like to set up a few minutes to go through it, I can take some time to. I took a look at the app you included above and without seeing the unrendered html I am not sure what the issue is.
Thanks for offering help. I am attaching the code herewith this message. canvas.html is what needs to be looked into. The plugin works perfectly well when I open canvas.html on my local machine. I kinda know I am doing something fundamentally wrong while porting the app on to sandbox, but, can't put my finger on it. Please have a look at it and let me know where I am going wrong.
I think I know the issue. I included a screenshot below of a comma you need to remove at the end of your init function. I can't test of course but let me know if that doesn't work. I think it will render in the browser since browsers usually try to interpret whatever they can but the jive framework does some additional parsing so if it is not correct so it doesn't get run.
Firstly, thanks for taking time and going through the code. But, I am afraid it (removing the said comma) didn't fix the issue. It still displays the console messages that I earlier posted. Not really sure what the problem is!
I did some changes to my code over the last couple days and was able to reproduce your issue in my apps as well. Mark was able to find a workaround in section 5.1 of the open social core gadget spec.
Link to resource
To do the workaround, just put this into your app.xml file and refresh the app. That will prevent the rewriting and allow tinymce to work correctly.
© Copyright 2000–2010 Jive Software. All rights reserved.